⚡ A Spark of Learning
I was around ten years old when a family gathering at my
aunt’s house turned into an unexpected classroom. My maternal uncle (who
retired as the Chief of Design Bureau from HAL) had taken me along a couple of
days earlier. The event required festive electrical lighting to brighten the
occasion. Eager to help, I jumped into the task with childish enthusiasm,
connecting wires and insulating them with the confidence of a novice.
But enthusiasm without knowledge is a dangerous mix. My
connections were wrong, and though I had carefully wrapped them in insulation,
the setup could have led to a serious accident. For a moment, the weight of
what could have gone wrong hung heavy in the air.
Thankfully, instinct nudged me to double‑check my work with
my uncle. Patient and experienced, he examined my handiwork and gently pointed
out the mistakes. With calm precision, he showed me the correct way to connect
wires, how to insulate them properly, and why safety always comes first in electrical
work.
That moment became more than just a correction – it was a
lesson etched into memory. I learned that electrical handywork is not about
speed or improvisation, but about care, accuracy, and respect for the unseen
currents of energy. What could have been a disaster transformed into a
formative experience, teaching me the basics of wiring and the importance of
seeking guidance.
Looking back, it was the spark of curiosity, tempered by my
uncle’s wisdom, that lit the path toward understanding. A childhood mistake
became the foundation of practical knowledge – a reminder that even missteps
can illuminate the way forward. Even to this day, I get nostalgic whenever I undertake
an electrical repair job and silently thank my uncle for his first lesson that
taught me the basics of electricity – Phase, Neutral, and Earthing!
I am sure many of you may have had similar experiences growing up and wish to hear about them in the comments!!
1 comment:
Nice write up about your child ಹುಡ್ days sir😍
Post a Comment